Who should attend:
This module will target recent graduates and professionals new to the contaminated land industry.
The objective of this module is to provide an updated and overall introduction to the key elements of Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), being Preliminary Site Investigations (PSIs) and Detailed Site Investigations (DSIs), with an overview of key field sampling techniques.
DATE: Thursday 26 April 2018
TIME: 8:30am - 5.00pm (please head to level 2 and turn right)
VENUE: Cardno, Level 2, 501 Swanston St Melb
COST: $350 (incl GST), Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
This session is open to ACLCA members only. Please register via the ACLCA website. Ensure that you file your registration receipt for taxation and CPD recognition.
At the end of the session your staff should:
- Gain an understanding of the importance of a desktop PSI, the range of information available and review methods, and how to apply this to develop an understanding of site history, potential contamination sources and presence of contamination at a site.
- Understand the key aspects of the methodology for obtaining relevant, reliable soil, soil vapour and groundwater samples, including Quality Assurance and Quality Control requirements.
- Obtain a functional overview of the ESA process including relevant reference documents/guidelines, ESA data quality validation, assessing the soil, soil vapour and groundwater results, developing site conceptual models, reporting and risk assessment.
The day will include presentations as well as a number of practical exercises and direct examples.
- Ian Kluckow is a Principal at Golder Associates with over 25 years of experience in the implementation and management of site investigations and risk-based assessments related to geotechnical and environmental engineering.
- Brad Houghton is a Principal Environmental Consultant at Senversa with over 15 years of experience within the contaminated land consulting industry, working on a range of small to large scale projects involving site investigations, remediation, environmental management, project management, and assessment strategy and design.
- Alex Blount is Senior Geological and Environmental Engineer and Associate at Golder Associates with over 20 years of experience in contaminated site projects including data analysis, assessment design, project management, soil and groundwater remediation, and human health and environmental risk assessment.
If you have any queries, please contact Emily Burke at email@example.com.