July Meeting 2018Wednesday, 11 July 2018 WA
When: Wednesday, 11th July 2018
Host Company: Australian Environmental Auditors
Where: 813 Wellington Street, Perth
Contact: Peter Alderson
Presentation 1: Investigation and CSM for a large TCE plume in Adelaide
Phil Hitchcock, AEA
- The talk will present the findings of 6 years assessment of TCE plume where over 500 bores and 80 wells were installed for a range of contaminants focused on chlorinated hydrocarbons.
- Interesting assessment techniques included large diameter sonic drilling, isotope analysis and age dating to inform the CSM and identify sources.
- The assessment of offsite vapour risk will also be discussed and implications of incorrectly assuming the polluter.
Presntation 2: Investigation and remediation of a PCE and TCE impacted dry cleaners
Peter Alderson, AEA
- Investigation following disposal of waste PCE into a stormwater drain determined vapours impacts had migrated over 50m, including under adjacent properties.
- Soil, groundwater and indoor air investigations and the remediation of soil impacts completed.