In 2018, the SA EPA issued the following updated guidelines:
- Site Contamination: Assessment of Background Concentrations – issued in July 2018
- Guidelines for the Assessment and Remediation of Site Contamination – issued in July 2018 and updated in October 2018
An updated information sheet Site Contamination Consultant was also issued in July 2018.
These guidelines have superseded and replaced the following (i.e. which should no longer be referenced by South Australian site contamination practitioners) :
- Site Contamination: Implementation of the National Environment Protection (Assessment of Site Contamination) Measure 1999 (2016)
- Site Contamination: Guidelines for the Assessment and Remediation of Groundwater Contamination (2009)
- Site Contamination: What is Site Contamination? (2009)
- Site Contamination: Responsibility for Assessment and Remediation of Site Contamination (2009)
- Site Contamination: Honesty in Reporting (2008)
- Site contamination: How to Determine Actual or Potential Harm to Water that is not Trivial Resulting from Site Contamination (2008)
- EPA Guidelines: Notification of Site Contamination that Affects or Threatens Underground Water Pursuant to Section 83A of the Environment Protection Act 1993 (2008)
- Environmental Management of Onsite remediation (2006)
- Composite Soil Sampling in Site Contamination Assessment and Management (2005)
- Soil Bioremediation (2005)
- Pollutant Management for Water Well Drilling (2004).
The new guidelines/information sheet should be read in conjunction with the following:
- Site Contamination Policy: Certification of Practitioners (2018)
- Site Contamination: Regulatory and Orphan Site Management Framework (2017)
- Guidelines for the Site Contamination Audit System (2015)
The guidelines, and supporting information, can be accessed via the following link: https://www.epa.sa.gov.au/environmental_info/site_contamination/assessment_and_remediation.