The course will be delivered by Steve Brazil, Senversa HSE Manager with 25 years of contaminated land industry experience, including 10 years conducting OHS training.
Contaminated land specific topics covered during the course:
- Service (utility) identification and clearance, including non-destructive digging and hand augering
- Understanding plant risks e.g. working with drill rigs, excavators, NDD units
- Managing and working with subcontractors
- Understanding the risks of working with asbestos and what to do when finding it on site
- Chemical exposure, including identification of workplace occupational exposure levels for common contaminants.
- General waste management
- General traffic management requirements
- Practical implementation of controls, including the use and maintenance of PPE and use of a PID.
Course details are as follows:
Date: Tuesday 2nd and Wednesday 3rd of April 2019
Cost: $800, Refreshments and lunch will be provided
Registration: Please register via the ACLCA website under events http://www.aclca.org.au/vic-events
This event is open to ACLCA members only. Participants will be limited to a maximum group size of 20. Additional training sessions may be provided later in the year should there be enough interest.
If you are claiming CPD points from attending ACLCA events, please ensure that you keep your registration receipts on file as evidence for your CPD recognition. A receipt will be emailed via NAB Transact to the person carrying out the registration (not necessarily the person attending the course). The attendee/s will receive course information the week prior to the course.
If you have any queries, please contact Emily Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Participants from other states are welcome to attend, but should bear in mind that the course content, whilst broadly applicable, will not specifically address the legislative and regulatory requirements of other states.
ACLCA reserves the right to cancel or postpone courses, should there be insufficient numbers.