Bring Out Your Dead - 1828.2 Round Table and Feedback to EPA – Learnings from 10 months of Soil Classifications
Please join the ACLCA Executive Team for a facilitated roundtable discussion and collation of feedback to EPA regarding our collective experience of EPA Pub. No. 1828.2 – Waste Disposal Categories – Characteristics and Thresholds, since it went live on 1 July 2021
EPA have provided feedback to the industry that they want our feedback, but also our thoughts as to how to continuously improve/ resolve identified issues with suggested, well thought out solution(s).
We’ll be keen to hear from you as to what’s working well (and not so well) and if you could change something, what would it be and how? We’ll be running a series of instant feedback surveys throughout the event, which will be in person and online (details below).
In order to facilitate the discussion, we’ll be seeking to go through the following themes during the event:
- Development/ construction industry awareness of new requirements
- Client awareness of requirements and on-site retention options
- Has there been increased demand for waste soil classifications?
- Have you any suspicions of the system being bypassed by some operators?
Environmental Regulatory Awareness and Implementation
- Consulting industry awareness of new EPA Act and Regulations?
- Duties and need for environmental approvals?
- The 1828.2 publication itself?
- Feedback on engagement with EPA for information/ advice/ clarification
- How responsive/ knowledgeable have you found EPA? Can we help?
In what should be a lively and productive discussion, please join us next week in-person OR on-line.
Event details are as follows:
Date: Tuesday 10 May 2022
Time: 5:30-6:00pm (drinks and nibbles), 6:00-7:00pm (round table / presentation) (AEST)
Venue: Online (Link will be sent the day before the event)