ACLCA Member Presentation -
Please note this event is postponed due to Covid 19 restrictions/lockdown. NEW DATE PENDING
Drilling in Victoria - A Drillers Perspective
This presentation is for our young professionals out in the field drilling soil bores, installing monitoring wells and identifying in-situ contamination. Our guest speakers Matrix Drilling will discuss some of the following topics:
- Augering vs direct push (disturbed vs undisturbed sampling)
- Direct push methodologies – i.e. difference between MC5, DT325 and piston point sampling and why you would use one methodology over the other (formation dependant).
- Sonic drilling – when to and when not to employ this method.
- Rock drilling – using a down hole hammers, PCD bits and rock rollers. If dust is an issue then rock rolling might be the solution.
- Direct imaging including MIP/OIP and Flute liners.
- Types of drilling for different areas/geologies in Vic
- Challenging geologies to drill in especially for well installations (eg. Port Melbourne Sands) Drilling through several aquifers.
- What should YPs on site do to get the best information from your drillers…
- What prep should YPs do prior to drilling.