The ACLCA collaborative research focus group first met in February 2013 and currently consists of 16 contributors from 14 member companies and welcomes more frustrated academics masquerading as consultants and other interested members with a research bent.
- Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) in soil and groundwater
- Emerging Contaminants
- Acceptable contaminant levels in food producing sites
- Aesthetic considerations in soil
- RMIT – Ambient Background Metals/Elements in Victorian Soils
- RMIT – EIL Determination for Hg
- RMIT – Background concentrations of polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs)
- La Trobe – Background Metal Concentrations in SE suburbs Groundwaters
- RMIT – PFAS Concentrations in Metro Melbourne Groundwater
- Meet with a diverse group of professionals from within the land contamination industry
- Have further involvement with Victoria research institutions with the potential to have work published in international journals.
- Increase professional development i.e. communication, presentation and networking skills
- Increase awareness and promote current research projects and ultimately narrowing the gaps of knowledge within our industry.
The AC FA meet every second month(ish) on a Tuesday for breakfast to hold an informal meeting at 7:30am at Canteen (above Journal café) in Flinders Lane, Melbourne. If you are interested in attending a meeting or joining, please contact the chairperson Christopher Sandiford via firstname.lastname@example.org.
C Sandiford (Chair), Senversa
P Carstairs (Aecom)
A Labbett (CDM Smith)
A Mikkonen (CDM Smith)
D McDonald (Cardno)
M Edwards (Bluesphere)
H Mikkonen (CDM Smith)
T Robson (Kleifelder)
H Woolums (Cardno)
G Marshall (Prensa)
F Amon (Golder)
A Wightwick (Coffey)
C O’Farrell (Coffey)
S Herkess (Golder)
T Vass (T&T)