Focus Areas Western Australian Branch
Focus areas of the ACLCA-WA are:
- To provide a forum for member companies to develop, discuss and respond to issues that affect us in our responsible management of contaminated lands.
- To establish and maintain a strong working relationship with regulatory authorities and other related agencies that have an interest in the management of contaminated lands.
- To encourage others to accept ACLCA-WA as the consulting industry's peak representative group on contaminated land issues in WA.
- To assist in the development and maintenance of appropriate indsutry practices and encourage members to adopt these practices.
- To promote and encourage the open exchange of information between members and other interested bodies.
- To promote an awareness and provide information to outside parties on the professional skills in the area of contaminated land management.
- To facilitate and / or run training events for member, regulatory agencies, industry and non-members oganisations.
- To coordinate professional and social development opportunties for younger members of the ACLCA-WA or potential members, through the Paul Turner Scholarship.
Sub-committees to the ACLCA-WA are:
- Membership and Ethics - Ivan Kwan (Golder), Peter Alderson (Australain Environmental Auditors), Ron D'Ercole (JBS&G), Justin Lumsden (Senversa)
Charter: to develop criteria and monitor procedures for maintaining a high standard of integrity for ACLCA WA as the peak body association for contaminated land consultants. To review membership applications and deliver a quality service to member companies.
- Novice Professional Group
The WA NPG focus area group is made up of contaminated land consultants within their first five years of consulting. The aim of the group is to provide the opportunity to network with other consultants within the industry, keep up to date with the goings on within our industry, attend monthly meetings and organize the ACLCA social functions! New events are always being introduced so joining the NPG allows individuals to have their say and assist with organising events and information sessions that will benefit ACLCA members.
For more information, events, news and presentations, refer to the NPG webpage.